Thursday 21 June 2012

You Light Up My Life


The South-West tourist board have specifically asked me NOT to send through a photo of the beach today - stressing that it would not necessarily be great for business! Hey, it's not that bad - not quite what the doctor ordered (if you could find one today (see what I did there)), but there's a wave, and you know the saying, where there's a wave there's a will... something like that!
 
Today is Thursday, and that means it's 'forget to take guitar to school day'! Yep that's right every Thursday I pull up in the St. Minver School car park to discover better parents carrying their childs guitar into class. Silently cursing to myself, I reassure Fin that I'll go back and get his! This I did this morning, whereupon on my return I was treated to wake and shake and a bit of One Direction! "Baby you light up my world like nobody else, the way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed" - well it lifted my spirits. What a great way to start the day, a bit of a dance and a sing along with Harry....and the other three, whatever they're called! St. Minver School has been the foundation and cornerstone of both our boys early years and it will be with great sadness when we drive out the gates for the last time in a couple of weeks time (guitar in hand).
 
What's to report? You'll be pleased to learn that we've taken away the wooden skate ramp from our back garden. On the face of it, Mission Impossible, but it proved to be not so bad. Just one of those jobs you put off. Pounds, fun and use per square inch without doubt the best investment we ever made some five years ago. It's fallen into holey, rotten, disrepair and had to go. Once broken into pieces, carried up 100 steps and loaded into the box trailer, I shuffled soil backwards and forwards over the now bare patch with a rake whilst Janey had a crack at cleaning the interior of the Chicken Coop. (one of those jobs you put off). Unoccupied for several months since Jalfrezi, Drummer, Nugget and Nora relocated to the neighbours small holding, this was indeed a nasty business. I can look very busy when I need to! After listening to lots of tutting, huffing and blowing the wooden house down I decided I'd better wade in and offer assistance. "I'd stick some gloves on if I was you." I was only trying to help! Anyway once I'd removed the glove from my personage it didn't take long to have the coup looking spic and span. Off to the tip to unload, we encounter Mr. Grumpster and his team of grumpees who seem to be on permanent tea break (unless you're blonde and female). Which is fine with me as the General Waste Skip is so much quicker to fill when they're not watching! (Environmentalists please note - that's just my little joke! well... kinda..)
 
Thanks very much for all the top tips re. my achilles. Sounds like a bit of eccentric exercises will be the go. Just going to get through the Dartmoor Classic this weekend before embarking on any new regime. Oh and you may recount that I said that we'd put in four different offers in as many different houses, and all were rejected. Would you believe that every single one has come back since that time and asked if we'd still be interested at our original offer price. Too late - we're very happy with our find and hoping to wrap it all up very soon. And then we'll go back and have a chat with the Lloyds 'Whatever' TSB bank manager - we'd like to bring him up to date and then take our business elsewhere as loyalty seems to count for zilch.

 
So this is not a photo of today - but one from last week. And there's our (my) dog, Libby enjoying a splishy splash. I think you'll find that is the bridlepath she's walking on (local curtain twitcher - please note).
 
Beach business - er..... oh yes, if you want some surf lessons that's what we do. Please give us a call on 07760 126225! That should cover it.
 
Don't forget now - you light up my world like nobody else....
 
Pete 'Nana nana nana' Craske

No comments:

Post a Comment