Friday 17 June 2011

Surf today? Pumping! Overhead and offshore - raining too! That's a good thing - keeps the beach quiet. Instructors very happy about it all.

I'm forty-four! I don't need the grief. There was a time when I used be asked to get involved in stuff, have an opinion. I'm not sure how that ever came about, that anyone would value my opinion. The problem is that more often than not what I might think is right, is completely wrong! That's why our senior staff have learned over time to just listen to Janey. She may not be as persuasive, but she's nearly always spot on. She speaks sense.

Anyway, now I simply don't get involved. Unless it directly affects the surf school or our staff then I can't see the point in cutting into family time. Simple as. In fact I sit on the fence so often that I've got my own initialled cushion. Is that an age thing? Sitting on the fence is pretty cool though, you can see a lot from up there.





No comments:

Post a Comment