Sunday 27 June 2010

Oh Dear

Oh dear indeed! Bit depressing being an English fan sometimes! Here's my three pennies - 1) would like to see an English manager - I'm sure Capello is great but I can't understand a word he says! 2) why play players out of position? Don't get that at all. 3) none of our star players performed - I think they play too much during the domestic season. You can't play at the top of your game all the time.

And we have to see a change in the technology - we were well beaten in the end, but going in 2-2 at half time....... well we're never know!

Now we can put all this aside because I have some exciting news! I've bought a new surfboard!! Aussie Mick and I were both paddling back out to the line-up last night. Mick must have seen my last wave and decided to offer up some well received advice. "Hey Pete, I know a board that would suit you. It's called a McCoy - nice and fat in the tail, sits up out of the water, it suits a different style of riding." I took that last bit as a compliment!! To be fair I've really struggle for years trying to find something that suits and I've surfed the Swellies far too much as a fall back. It's been a source of real frustration, real frustration. I got straight onto the internet to do my research the moment I got home and then this morning headed down to Hayle to check out the only dealer in Europe. I've come back with a 6ft 10 Nugget, wide and thick in the tail - I can see how this might work. Will wet it's head very shortly, particularly as the surf is pumping.

No comments:

Post a Comment