Tuesday 8 July 2014

And here's the other one


And here's my big boy. Fourteen going on thirty five. If it doesn't involve a ball, he's not interested. His dream of playing professional football burns bright and if success was down to hard work alone, then he'll make it. But it's not as simple as that. It's a hugely competitive environment and a brutal journey. You need luck, you need to be in the right place at the right time, you need to stay injury free and your face needs to fit. I have huge respect for his commitment and desire, it's unwavering. All we can do is support him, feed him, chauffeur him to training and matches and see what transpires. I love the fact that he has a dream and isn't afraid to put the work in.


The shop is doing great. Sarah's got some pretty cool new stock in, including these slaps. I don't think one size fits all, but then I haven't really given that much thought. I would imagine there's different sizes in line with the fact that people have different size feet. That would make sense. Same with the hats, although head size would vary less than feet size wouldn't it? I'd say that in the shop we have less hat sizes than flip flop sizes. But that's a guess. I couldn't be sure unless I actually go on site and check. I need to lie down.

Spirits are high in the camp. The instructors are working hard under the management of Wailo. He's off to see Pearl Jam twice this week! Rock and roll. 



We've tickled up our lesson prices a touch. First time in yonks. From £26 to £28 for the two hour lesson. Still incredible value. I'm not entirely sure how we manage to squeeze any profits out of that, most surf schools are in the £36 - £40 range. At the same time we've reduced our ratio to a maximum of one instructor to eight students. It's often better than that to be honest. Don't forget that you can go down the private group lesson route if that's what you prefer. 

Right, I'd best get down to some guitar practice for this gig on the weekend. Last night I put new strings on my guitar and polished it! Gave it a right good buffing I did. Not done that before. 





No comments:

Post a Comment