Tuesday 27 September 2011

It's all gone a bit Ed Milliband

The surf has all gone a bit Ed Milliband this morning. You know, you want it to be good and all the ingredients are there but it's just a bit grey and lacking any sort of real impact. And, of course, we know that there's something around the corner, very similiar in appearance, but altogether more upstanding and carrying more gravitas. So we'll sit tight, let this moment pass and look forward to the days ahead.

That's political satire dealt with this morning - my, 'of the moment' joke.

The reality is the surf has dropped off - in the 1 -2ft range. Great for beginners and improvers.

There is one thing that I cannot and will not leave home without. Sunglasses. For years I taught surfing without wearing them, the instructor code being that you need eye contact with your clients - naturally. But without any eye protection, over a long period, damage will occur. And that's where I'm at - my eyes are very, very sensitive to light and I can get a bit panicky if I find myself misplacing them. In our 'Instructors Bible' we advise our own instructors to wear sunglasses, but remove them when talking to clients. A wide brimmed hat will improve things, but it's the reflection off the water that I think does the damage. So even on a day like today, when it's overcast, the sunglasses are never far away. I don't suppose that's interesting in the slightest!

Great to see Argyle win on the weekend!! Come on you Greens! Green Army!

No comments:

Post a Comment