Wednesday 13 July 2011

Reflection

If you read the blog yesterday re. the running, I went back and re-wrote it. I do that quite a lot as it goes. And I think it makes better sense now.

Surf's been pretty small the last couple of days - new swell expected in the morning, probably much to the delight of the instructors. They get a bit twitchy when they can't go surfing. Where there's a will there's a wave, that's what I always tell them. Of course most of the team have never seen me rise early for the dawn patrol surf and to be fair it's a distant memory. All snuggled up under the duvet - I can wait. Creating the largest surf school in the world put pay to the early morning splash. I prefer the sunset surf. But I did do it - it's a part of any surfers right of passage. And I did it just like they do it now - get in before work. Except that I used to do it up in Bude when I was starting out as an instructor. Having said that, you know what? I might just set the alarm for the morning and forgo the bacon and eggs. That'll surprise 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment