Monday 6 June 2011

Oi! Big Nose!

A well known local artist was doing some sketches during our last gig. I clocked her in the front with a notepad busy scribbling away. "I got some great sketches of Wailin" she said. "but you're not so easy to draw because of your nose!" At least she got straight to the point, or not as it turned out. I have a fine Roman nose. There's got to be a "how do you smell?" "Terrible" joke in there somewhere.

So that's the nose covered. And then we have all this about Rooney and his hair transplant. And what exactly is wrong with a shiny head? I love my shiny head. You just know where you are with no hair and a big nose. Growing old as nature intended - it's the only way.

One more thing while I'm at it! The Ironman dream has gone! Janey came up with some reasoned argument about the fact that I can't run. (A long catalogue of achilles, calf and hamstring injuries). Good point, well put. So I'm a big nosed, bald headed, can't runner - it's been a tough day! Anyway, we've compromised (the best ingredient for a healthy marriage) on me having a crack at the John O'Groats - Land's End bike ride in September. Suits me fine, can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment