Monday 9 May 2011

Itchy and Unsightly

Itchy and unsightly - and that's just my legs. I've decided to join the ranks of 'proper' cyclists by shaving my legs. I'll be honest, I don't have the best looking legs. My varicose veins, or 'worm casts' as my boys refer to them - not that pretty. But the reduced drag should eek an extra 5 seconds off my time to Plymouth! After last weeks debacle of punctures, blow outs and falling head over heals in the petrol station forecourt (it was mighty slippery, it hurt.. a lot, and it was busy "I'm fine thanks").

Now let me say a word about Swansea. Billy had a match against Swansea City FC - and what a match it was. Some really fantastic footie. The highest quality match Billy's been involved in - he played really well. Plymouth lost 1-0. Anyway, point is we decided to make a weekend of it so checked into a hotel on Saturday afternoon. Tried a quiet getaway, but in the Foyer was Sam's (beach manager) brother. What's the chances? He used to work for us but he's a Barrister now! We loved Swansea - sun, sea, surf, great footie club, brilliant sports facilities - loved everything about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment