Monday 28 February 2011

Good to Go!

That was hard! Coming back from hols. I can't lie, it's been a struggle getting back into the swing of things. When was it, on Saturday the shop was full and I went in to help. When I got to the till it was like I'd never done it before. It all felt a bit odd! Still fully in holiday mode.

But today is different - back dealing with all the enquiries, getting them sorted. The Beach House is flying this year, so that's good. Very few dates left to fill. The sun is shining, so no complaints.

I mentioned on here a while ago that I really fancied doing the RAAM - the bike race across America. I watched the DVD Bicycle Dreams, the story of the RAAM on the weekend. How depressing was that? Far from finding it inspirational, I found it really ... stupid. One of the competitors got knocked off his bike by a sixteen wheel truck in a fatal accident. He left behind his wife and kids - for what?

So that's a big no no. But what is a big yes, yes is the Lanzarote Ironman 2012. No down side to that. I know I can do the cycle, I know I can do the swim with a bit of training - the challenge (apart from putting it all together) lies in the run. I used to be a good runner, but have a history of pulled achilles and hammies. So running is something that I avoid. But maybe this is the opportunity to getting my legs sorted once and for all, do the stretching, do the exercises, build some strength slowly over time. Yep, so that's where my head is and training has already begun.


No comments:

Post a Comment