Monday 17 January 2011

Pity the fool

Yes, the 'A' team are back in again today, armed with the big ladders! Sky's gone down. We've been down this road before.

A pretty fun storm rolled on by just now. Couple of claps and flashes, but it was all over before it started. Libby (our dog) is cowered at the back of the office. Scaredy.

Speaking of rain, I was handed the linesman flag down at Penzance yesterday at Billy's match. After last time I must have been a last resort. But this time, I excelled. Think, Naked Gun! Some fine flourishes with the stick. And I enjoyed it - must be the control. But did it rain? Poured like never before. And was I prepared for it? No! But hey ho, boys won 1-0 - close game. In those conditions, could have gone either way.

Surf's pumping today - overhead, pretty clean. Wind from the North although the weather's coming from the South West. Shelter over at New Polzeath. You'd have it to yourself if you paddle out now.


No comments:

Post a Comment