Saturday 25 December 2010

Merry Christmas

I don't ever recall walking on the beach in the early hours and seeing ice on the High Tide mark! What a beautiful day! Stunning - the sun's out, should warm up nicely this afternoon. Not much surf at the moment, but it'll be here soon. All in all a perfect Christmas combo - sunny on the beach, bit of surf, no wind and snow up on the Moor. Couldn't be any better! The boys have already torn into their pressies, (leaving Santa some Cadbury flakes and and a glass of milk did the trick) and I've unwrapped my socks! I must be loved, it's a three pack!

Here's our boys with the cousins Charlie and Jamie up on Bodmin Moor yesterday.

Despite my reluctance to indulge in religion, we do make the annual trip to church for a good old sing song! I sat next to my Dad who has a good turn of phrase. If he instigated humour in our family, I improved upon it. Uncontrollable giggles is as much part of the service as 'Come all ye Faithful'. I was in total control until Dad sitting next to me whispered, "It is the organist that is the Church fidget". Oh well, it set me off. Cassocks off to the vicar, the St. Minver service was perfect for the young audience - short and sweet.

Actually, Christmas is great, especially now the boys are older. To have all the Grandparents, and my sis and her family down is fantastic. The cousins have such a great time together. We're going to meet them all in a minute for a walk on Daymer and then back up to the house for a big feast! I may not be religious, but there are times when I do feel truly blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment