Wednesday 24 November 2010

Bringing home the shiney, shiney!

With a trophy up for grabs, Billy was always going to be up for this one. One of the most coveted titles in the World (well South West! Okay Cornwall). Ladies and Gentleman, 'Born to Win' Champione 2010 - I give you Billyman - whoah! "Bring home the shiney, shiney" I said to him as he set off to take on the best sporting juniors in the region. Schools from around the county put forward the cream of their crop, and following a few weeks of training, assembled down in Budehaven to go head to head for the individual title - They were tested across a broad range of sporting skills including strength, dexterity, speed, eye - hand coordination etc. And Billyman won! The first time it's been won by someone from this area - very cool.

We know when Billy's gearing up for these events. Over the past few weeks he'd sneak out of the telly room, the door would close and then we'd hear the swish of a skipping rope and the boom, boom as he practiced his squat thrusts (one of the events today in which he managed 55 in 30 seconds! - that's some going!). I love the saying, "Champions are made when no-one is watching". I wish I'd had that resolve at his age! Who knows, I could have done something with my life! Anyway, we're really stoked for him.

I didn't realise that the student riots have been inspired because local shops now refuse to accept cheques for pot noddles! (A. Driscoll).

No comments:

Post a Comment