Thursday 21 October 2010

Rooney = Idiot

Loving the stuff on Twitter re. Rooney. On the day that the government makes the biggest cuts in history, Rooney's agents have the nerve to write to say that Man Utd lack ambition and he's off. Man Utd - lack ambition. The day that happens the world will stop turning. Cutting back a bit, trimming the business like every other business - no problem with that. The problem lies with people like him - no loyalty. I hope, and I say this as a fan, that he never plays for Utd again. Makes me mad! And with a private life as mixed up as his, he really is in no position to be telling others how to behave.

I have to admit that I didn't like it at all! Crawling through a cave about the size of me! Horrible. Many years ago there was a celebrity show where these 'C' listers were put through loads of challenges. One of the challenges was to crawl through this cave that got narrower and narrower, so small in the end that the only way they could go was forwards by dragging themselves forward using their arms - it was 100's of yards long, no return. I really couldn't have coped, I definitely would have panicked, big time. Anyway I had flash backs of this programme as I took on the cave today. It wasn't just getting through, it was finding that the tide had cut off the exit at the other end and the only way back out was the same way I'd come in!! big respect for the Chilean Miners. Horrible, horrible, horrible!

With the Beast just over a week away, it was time to take on a time trial. I expect that all cyclists have their favourite routes. (Apparently I'm a MAMIL - Middle Aged Man in Lycra). This particular one is 30 miles. Smashed it - 20 mph average, loving life... then I got a puncture. No big deal. Made the repair, got back on and proceeded to take on the 8 miles back home. But something wasn't right - just felt slow - not really a lack of energy just couldn't get the bike to flow. From speed meister to distinctly average - must be nutrition I thought. Anyway, got back home and dismounted the bike, but dispirited after all the hard training. Pushed it to the garage - but it wouldn't go!! The back brake was locked on! Yippee. A great session all told. Time to bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment