Monday 6 September 2010

A Stretch too far

Hm, there I was in bed dreaming of a surf this morning. The forecast 3ft, offshore winds, kids back to school, empty waves! Perfect. As I awoke, I stretched and twinged a nerve in my neck! Damn! Walking around like Dale Winton after a big night in! Copious amounts of Nurofen and Anadin Extra are being taken in an attempt to relieve the current pain. But alas I feel tomorrow is a more likely rendezvous with the sea!

Now my youngest Finley (7) is a very able sportsman and he's tough! He can turn his hand to most things sporty. But yesterday we found something that perhaps might need a bit of work. We went Quad biking down at a track near Truro. On his first practice lap he hit a fence. On his second he ploughed into one of the marshalls. Once on the main track, he hit a tree and then on his last lap missed the flag to call him into the pits, merrily heading onwards for another lap! Hilarious. We laughed a lot.

I went on the big boys track. All I can say is thank God we didn't choose this for an end of season staff party. I honestly believe that someone would have died! Go-Kart racing? - we've done that in the past and even with the most competitive spirits running wild you're pretty safe. I cannot imagine for one second how that would work on the Quads? It would be carnage!!

No comments:

Post a Comment