Tuesday 27 July 2010

What's she trying to tell me?

I was the birthday boy today - and I have to say that it's been the best one I've had in years. I was woken early by the boys, with a large parcel. They unpacked it to reveal a tent and a sleeping bag! What's Janey trying to say? Perfect, we've chatted about a camping trip for ages and now we have the gear. So we descended on the garden for a trial run. Good job really. We had poles and guy ropes all over the place, but with the help of Sylv we eventually managed to assemble something that at least provided shelter! The boys are planning to sleep in it tonight - I give them about ten minutes before they scramble back into the comfort of their own beds!

This afternoon, with the horrible drizzly rain set in, we headed to St. Enodoc to join the boys up to the golf club. This is hallowed turf indeed. We played the Holywell Course and just had a great time. So thanks to the boys and Janey for the day. With age comes low expectations and in recent years they've come and gone without much ado. This was different and it was much appreciated.




No comments:

Post a Comment