Monday 19 July 2010

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

Two thanks. First to my mate Niki Dix who came and gave a chat about nutrition to a few of our girls who do a day release programme from school. How important is what you eat? It's so, so obvious that some kids put themselves at a huge disadvantage by eating rubbish - ie concentration levels, moods. I hope the chat helped them.

And secondly, to our neighbour of fifteen years, Carol. He's in his mid 80's. He's been taken ill and in need of care. We wish him all our love and hope to see him back here soon. We put in his Christmas card that we was the best neighbour in the world, my boys signed it. They're very fond of him and he's always coming home with presents for them. He was in tears when he read it! So thanks Carol.

The death of my old school friend in tragic circumstances a couple of weeks ago has got me thinking. Another school mate of mine who's gone on to do amazing things in the corporate world lives his life by this code. Imagine that your son is standing watching you. Don't act in a way that you can't justify to him or that would make him be ashamed of you. That's pretty powerful stuff. Love it.

The best things in life are free - like when your kids involuntarily give you a cuddle. Fin is Mr cuddles, Billy a bit more reserved. But even he has been very huggy recently. Love it!

Not sure what's happened to my legs. Very sore joints. Arthritis? Hope not - not at my tender age! Could be though. Took the bulls by the horns last night with a run around the field - finished with a full on Rocky Balboa moment at the top of the hill, arms raised, shirt off, sweat pouring off my lean torso! Janey and the boys were less impressed than I might have imagined. Might need to lose the belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment