Thursday 22 July 2010

Frogs on the path

Phew, all blogged out from yesterday. Can't tell you much about the beach today - splash and dash this morning (literally, it was pouring - actually not true, it was pouring whilst Wailin and Mikey were unloading the trailer and I was lying in bed listening to the torrent against the window pane! By the time I got down there it had cleared up!) Bad management! - I am quite often first one to unload a few signs and I was down at 6.30am the previous day to help sort out the drippy tap - so I don't feel too bad! Anyway when I went to leave the house there were frogs all over the road - it must have been raining for sometime!

So not a beach day today - with Billyman and Fin having already broken up (the school decided to take all their teacher training days on one hit, broke up one week earlier than most Cornish Schools), and despite the fact that Thursday is my golf day at St. Enodoc, I put aside all thoughts of hitting fairways and joined the family for a day trip down to Truro (it's what dreams are made of!) Truro is okay, there are worse cities, but the main attraction is the very good outdoor skatepark. Billy's got right back into it - so we're more than happy to take him down and sit on the side for a few hours.

Sorry, that's it. Not much more to report.

ps my continuing recession coverage of Cornwall goes as follows. Truro? Absolutely dead, no-one around - except for the cheese shop. They said they'd been really busy. Bought a nice slice of Cornish Blue. Cheese man got me try some St. Laudus from Menallack Farm near Penryn "a farmhouse cheese rodded with a blue culture and matured on for a seriously unveined blue cheese." Apparently best served with a dessert wine? Mm, tasty.


No comments:

Post a Comment