Friday 7 May 2010

Centre of Excellence

Celebrate good times, come on! Well it's taken a while, but finally after 16 years we get the recognition that is surely deserved. We've been awarded the exclusive BSA Centre of Excellence standard, a standard that many aspire to but only a handful achieve. 

This seal of approval is something that we're very proud of! Having pioneered so much in the industry, it's been a long time coming. Much of what we've pioneered since 1995 is taken for granted now. But we've changed surfing in this country, no question. 

We've been waiting for the approval for a short while, now we can press the button on our marketing drive. At the same time, I'm putting my name forward for the Exec Committee of the BSA as head of Strategy. Certainly we've noticed in more recent years that our opinion carries more weight. As it should - we run the largest surf school this country has ever seen (possibly the world), have written training programmes for the governing body since 1996; and have developed a surf club for local kids that is unprecedented. You have to be voted in ... I'm hoping to go one better than David Cameron and get a clear majority!

It's funny really, I'm not a certificate man! I've always felt that I can decide for myself how brilliant I am! But this is a good moment and myself and Janey would like to thank all who've been on the journey with us over the past 16 years. Clients, instructors, office staff and friends - each and ever one. We've been very fortunate to have been surrounded by some very good people. Life really has been a Beach!

In what direction do we go on now? I touched on this yesterday, but having watched Bloomberg live as the Dow crumbled, we know that basics are where we're at. Over the short term that means keeping it simple and working on the quality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment