Sunday 15 November 2009

Education, education, education

In the absence of one of the teachers I offered to step in to help at the local primary school. Originally this was for PE, but developed into a supporting role of Mr Howard with the Year 6's. I ended up doing the whole week and enjoyed every minute of it. It's where Billy and Fin are so no big deal.

Say what you like about education in this country, but unless the school decided to put on a special show for me, I cannot fault what was on offer. The variety throughout the day was not what I had expected and the care, quite heart warming. I ended up doing some maths and literature, building bird boxes, reading the school play, football, some one-on-one tuition, drums, piano - there was so much going on. And I really liked the fluid nature, the relaxed style of the day. So a big up to St. Minver school - top marks from me, an 'A' star.

Weather in this country, you've just got to love it! Storms all day yesterday - today great surf and blue skies!

No comments:

Post a Comment