Tuesday 13 October 2009

As good as it gets

3ft - maybe 4ft on the sets, blue skies, no wind, dolphins jumping through the line-up - i'd be hard pushed to recount a better day at Polzeath. And as we welcome in the new day, signs are every bit as good as yesterday. Perhaps a bit bigger on the sets, but still an easy paddle out. Okay, we have to wait sometimes for the best days at polzeath, but when it works there's no where on earth we'd rather be. So a few things to sort out this morning and then it'll be on with the wetsuit for the first of two sessions!!

It's been an assault on the body the last few weeks. 120 miles on the mountain bike last week alone. And that included a ride with my mate Nick in Burlawn woods. The first time I'd used the SPD's where you clip in to the pedals. They're awesome, but when you're new to using them, it is possible to come to a halt and not be able to clip out in time. This results in falling over sideways. To the walker or casual passer by, this must look very amateurish! I was filled with anticipation on this ride as Nick cycles a lot! And I mean a lot. And I could only imagine the sort of pain that he was about to put me through. In reality he took it steady and we had a good first run out. However this may have stemmed from the fact that within the first five minutes I'd managed to cycle half way through the biggest deepest puddle, ground to a halt, got my feet stuck in the pedals and toppled off sideways, leaving half my body immersed in cold muddy water (including my face). It was hilarious. And it was at that exact point that I'm sure Nick clocked me as a 'novice'. Four times I fell over - four times!

I was amazed at how many people read my splash and dash blog on Friday. Thanks for the support.  



No comments:

Post a Comment