Wednesday 16 September 2009

Two sessions!

Even I had to dig in today! Two sessions from Craskie .... in a row!! Need a lie down! Can't remember the last time that happened. I think I've only done about ten sessions this year, might not even be that many. Which is kind of a shame as it's still a buzz. As with anything, a change is as good as a rest and I've felt in the past couple of years that I'd probably done my time at the water's edge. Good to keep the old hand in, but at the same good to keep fresh blood coming through.

Following our chat with our 'Dragon' earlier in the week, myself and Janey have been doing a lot of chatting. It's funny to be thinking about next year, but we're really excited about it.

I had a dilemna last night. After the boys footie I decided a chinese take away was in order. I placed the order, popped over to the Spar and by the time I got back the order was ready. I clocked the prawn crackers for the car journey and headed off. As I departed I noticed the lady from the chinese walking on the pavement looking up and down the road. She looked worried. It dawned on me that possible she'd given me the wrong order. I felt the bag as I drove and satisfied myself on two counts. One that I could feel a pot of soup and secondly that if I did turn around, park up etc by the time I'd done that there'd be little point. So I headed home - it was a gamble.

Sure enough when I got home it was the wrong order. Instead of Chicken and Sweetcorn soup, King Prawn fried rice and chicken noodles... what I got was chips, some sort of meat in batter ... argh, and sweet and sour sauce. Horrible. I can only guess that who'd made the order was of a large size. Gutted. Oh well, I'll check next time. I phoned the take away so that she could put the issue to bed. They do good food, so no complaints, one of those things.




No comments:

Post a Comment