Thursday 24 September 2009

I'm a chocoholic

I am a bit crazy. I must be quite difficult to live with!

Chocolate is my friend, my comforter. Something I turn to whether I feel good or bad. A good night in consists of a cold bar of chocolate and a glass of cold milk ... probably with the Dave channel on. I reckon I spend about £20 a week on the stuff - Dairy Milk, Toblerone, Lindt balls - plus the mousses!

After the gig on Saturday where I just felt fat and totally out of shape, I took action. I've gone cold turkey on the chocolate. Sounds like no big deal but to me it's a mini bereavement. I reckon it's as hard as giving up smoking!!! Yep I do. Sunday, Monday and Tuesday have been long days of craving. But the resolve has been strong. I'm quite good at making a decision and then sticking to it. So I know I'm not going to backtrack. The great thing I suppose is that the body craves the sugar, so I've been eating heaps of fruit which is making me feel as light as a feather!!

As we're on the subject of weaknesses - my achilles and calves.. the whole of my chicken legs in fact are hopeless. A misspent youth and overuse have contributed to malfunction and mornings are spent hobbling around the beach trying to warm up the lower legs. I'm starting to walk like my dad... and that's not good. So a Bellicon trampoline has been invested in to start some recuperation. Yesterday I did 700 bounces - a rest day today. I'm confident that this is a positive start to the new regime of better eating and getting back to fitting weight. And I'm now fully focused on the London Triathlon next August. I've started putting some time in on the Schwinn, and now the negotations have begun for getting a bike! Which is why I say I must be difficult to live with.... there's always something.

Pivotal time in Surf's Up! history make no mistake. We don't like standing still, but we've got some fine tuning to do before we can make moves in the right direction. We've just bought the MYOB mac accounting package so that I can get back to some financial management. I'm pretty good with figures, but that side of the business leaves me cold. As they say on the Dragons Den, 'Your accountant doesn't run your business, you do!"

No comments:

Post a Comment