Tuesday 25 August 2009

When the cats away

I hate it when Janey and the boys go away. Their off on their annual pilgrimage to Lyme Regis. A chance for them to spend some time away from our beach, or the business end as we know it! I went down on Sunday and they've got this fantastic place right close to the Cob overlooking the sea. They've done alright then. We had a great day of crabbing, fosseling and aquariuming (?). This chap had the 'tamest Mullet in the world' which was probably overstated but if you frothed up the water they did come and suck your fingers. Didn't really want to leave, but needs must.

Back at base it's very quiet without them all and rather than thinking, great what shall I do now that time is my own, I end up doing very little and counting down the days!! Sad I know! I'll make another trip down as soon as I can - the beach is very busy though and it would be good to finish the summer with a bang. We're making up for a poor July with a great August. The sun is out and the surf is pumping.

No comments:

Post a Comment