Wednesday 24 June 2009

I watched Wife Swap two nights ago about a fat lady who was married with a 15 month old daughter, never got up until 1pm and spent all day on the computer while her kid entertained herself..... and the other lady of the other household she was swapping with had OCD, had saved 10 years to buy this settee and would fluff it everyday despite never sitting on it! Clearly their lives couldn't be further apart. Both learned lessons and all lived happily ever after.

Whilst watching this programme I found myself identifying with the fat lady! In that she let her partner do all the housework, the cooking etc and I found myself thinking "you know what, that could be me!" Some how and at some stage, I'd turned into a lazy slob. Yesterday though, as the new website went live, I began to find some head space to do more things around the house. The last four weeks without realising it had been tough with so much going on. Now that all the projects are nearing completion, light is at the end of the tunnel and my shoulders are lifting.

So I got home, made my tea (Janey and the boys had already eaten) and then gathered the troops (Billy and Fin). We set about their bedrooms with boxes, hoovers, dusters - a pretty much top to bottom spring clean. They enjoyed it, I enjoyed it and Janey enjoyed it from the comfort of her seat in front of the telly. The boys have now got twice as much room and can now swing the cats without bashing their little fluffy heads on the walls! And then to the kitchen - surfaces cleaned, polished even. Fantastic - the mind is clear. "Where's the breadboard?" asked Janey. When a man cleans, he cleans. I am now resolved to do more than my bit, to keep my part of the ship clean and tidy. I have even gone as far as to clean out the minibus and hang up my clothes. I am on a mission!! The lazy Sloath is no more! 

Golf tonight - haven't played for a while. Looking forward to it! And then I'm going to make a start on Fins cupboard! Tomorrow is the living room.

Evan has been working like a trojan to clear the garden area of the beach house. I never knew we had so much land! Decking going in this week - once that's completed then all the big projects will be out of the way for the summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment